- Move Everything To Cloud (AWS).
- Use cheap http://endtest.io/ for testing
- Use free https://fleep.io/ for team chats
- Better Level up current employee instead of hiring new one.
- Order pizza.
- Give feedback.
- Take out the recycle/trash. Not a metaphor.
- Need to find additional things to delegate.
- Try to support their direct reports to eventually become better than them.
- Consider constructive feedback regardless of who delivers it.
- Do what they say.
- Have regular, un-cancelable 1:1s.
- Protect their team, push for greatness, and prepare for the future.
- Get their hands dirty when called for.
- Focus on helping their team to be wildly successful.
- Put people first.
- Give a shit.
- Relentlessly hustle for their team.
- Tell the truth.
- Feel deeply and profoundly awful for disappointing someone on their team.
- Make mistakes and learn from them.
- Remove fear
- Be the bullshit umbrella and not the bullshit funnel.
- Remember (and maybe learn from) the time when they weren’t a manager.
- Say please and thank you.
- Work harder than their employees.
- Provide consistent and predictable structure.
- Back up their team when they say “no” to something.
- Not be a prick.
- Model the culture and spirit they want to develop in their workplace.
- Translate corporate bullshit into normal-speak.
- Empower their staff members.
- Move thing out of their way, including yourself.
- Regularly feel self-doubt.
- Be an advocate.
- Be an ally.
- Amplify the good in people.
- Fight the grapevine confusion.
- Be first the first to metamorph to the chrysalis phase.
- Define reality and say thank you.
Great explanation between project management styles